Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Paris Round Two

We just got back from Paris and it was actually not quite as bad as I thought it would be. Usually on school trip you have so many industry appointments and running around the worlds largest cities you don't even have a moment to realize YOUR IN THE WORLDS GREATEST CITIES!  But this time we did despite the crazy schedule. We  started the week with Texworld and première vision which are two of the worlds largest and best fabric trade shows. Basically the "whose who" companies of the fashion industry are there looking for fabrics for upcoming lines. We had two pretty cool meetings there with the event creative staff for texworld who planned the theme and creative inspiration for the show and then the trend forecasters from promostyl giving up a detailed powerpoint of the trends for Spring 2012. The Texworld guys gave us a card and said if anyone is interested in a summer internship in paris to let him know which would be awesome because creative events is definitely something I am very interested in but living in paris alone for the summer is quite the commitment, so we'll see. 


We also got a meeting with OCDE which is a international organization that basically has built this communication layer among countries where they can feed off each other and use their cultural differences to find common ground and create rules and solve differences on topics such as economic, education, environment, tax, trade and social. It was very interesting to listen and discuss what they are about. They are having a world conference with influential leaders such as Hilary Clinton and I am thinking about attending. The women said she could get a few of us in if we were interested. http://www.oecd.org/home/0,3675,en_2649_201185_1_1_1_1_1,00.html


 We also had a meeting with Louis Vuitton. We went to the flagship store and got an in depth tour about the visual and conceptual thoughts behind how the store is merchandised and designed. The amount of thought and creativity behind that store is incredible. The louvre was also pretty neat.  I saw the Mona Lisa and Aphrodite but unfortunately I am not a huge art history person (which is really a shame). I realize that because Florence as well as just europe in general is full of incredible works. I can appreciate them but, I just don't gain a lot of excitement or desire to walk around a museum for 3 or 4 hours. It's just not my thing, Oh well maybe someday. 


Other than that we were just in random fashion museums and listening to random speakers. We fortunately stayed at an awesomeeeee hotel! We had gorgeous apartments since we were there for so long. Luckily we were able to buy groceries and things to eat because you can literally spend your entire semester allowance on eating out in paris.The food is AMAZING in Paris. When Kelly, Molly and Katie and I were there in November we honestly ate our lives away!  


We ended this long week with an AWESOME night out with my good friend Florian that I met while at Oktoberfest. There was a group of guys that had studied abroad in graduate school in Taiwan and they meet in Munich every year for Oktoberfest. This year we were so fortunate to have joined their table and we have stayed friends with the majority of them. I actually stayed with one of the guys when we went to Amsterdam. You can see pictures of him as well as his really cool apartment in my amsterdam album.  Every time I go to paris I try to see Florian so I was very happy we were able to make it work this time as well. We had a great night out thanks to him and one of his friends!


 




I dont know why but i fell in love with this song that night...The entire club in Paris went crazy over this song!




Well now I am back in Florence and it is warming up and it's making me really excited for the months to come. We booked our trip to Morocco! So I'll be in africa in 2 weeks. really sad that I can't go to Egypt but Morocco is not a bad alternative. This saturday we are going to Carnevale which is a HUGE masquerade festival in Venice. Your supposed to have these elaborate costumes but I don't think I will have one. Then next Tuesday is my golden birthday which my whole life I have been so excited for and now it is here I don't want to plan anything or really acknowledge it at all. I don't know what's going on with me !?! but I am very excited to turn 22!! I wish I could stay this age forever. I also have plans to visit Pescara in March as well as thinking I'll do Spain for spring break!? hmmm!? we'll see! one vacation at a time anyways i'll give you and update from the Birthday and Carnevale celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment